ConoHa Charge Terms and Conditions
* All Terms and Conditions are available in Japanese; this translation is only for reference.
Article 1 (Application)
- ConoHa Charge Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as “terms”) are special provisions set forth by GMO Internet, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “company”) for the ConoHa Membership Agreement (hereinafter referred to as “original terms”). This applies to members who use this service, ConoHa Charge.
- These terms are assumed to be part of the original terms. In the event that any of these terms are inconsistent or infringe upon the original terms, these terms take precedence in respect to the use of ConoHa Charge.
Article 2 (Definition of Terminologies)
The terminologies used in the terms have their meaning set forth in the original contract in addition to the provisions within each of the following.
- (1) “ConoHa Charge” is a prepaid payment method issued by the company. It may only be used for the payment of fees for hosting services or other related incidental services provided under the name “ConoHa”
- (2) The “Affiliated Convenience Stores” are stores that have partnered with the company where purchases can be made with ConoHa Charge
- (3) The “Control Panel” is provided for members by this company for use with this service. It is an administrative tool containing membership information, etc.
Article 3 (ConoHa Charge)
- Members can add up to 300,000 yen to ConoHa Charge at the time of initial purchase. However, if a member purchases ConoHa Charge at an affiliated convenience store, there is a limit of 250,000 yen.
- ConoHa Charge has a limit per membership of 500,000 yen. It should be noted that this company may subject specific members to separate determinations of pre-charge amounts for purchase maximums for ConoHa Charge and ownership ceiling amounts when using this service.
- Minors under the age of 20 cannot purchase ConoHa Charge without the consent of a parent or a guardian. A minor under the age of 20 must get the consent of a parent or a guardian in advance before purchasing ConoHa Charge. It should be noted that this company assumes the member has been given consent if he/she is using ConoHa Charge.
- The member must use a payment method approved by this company to purchase ConoHa Charge. The member is responsible for any transfer fees or other costs relating to the purchase.
- ConoHa Charge will not accept any responsibility for disputes that arise between third parties or affiliated convenience stores.
- This company does not issue receipts for ConoHa Charge purchases.
Article 4 (Using ConoHa Charge)
- If a member chooses to use ConoHa Charge as a payment method for paying service charges, the amount equivalent to the usage fees, etc. will be deducted from the ConoHa Charge balance on the first day of the following month to pay for the usage fees, etc.
- If a member holds a ConoHa Charge with a different date of purchase, the balance from the one with older date will be used first.
- This company, in accordance with this section, will not accept any responsibility for the results and/or damages that occur to a member or a third party in the event that the member pays for the usage of ConoHa Charge and ConoHa Charge is not refunded, or the usage is not canceled, etc. However, if a member mistakenly uses ConoHa Charge to pay for usage charges, etc. for the service, the relevant appropriated ConoHa Charges will be refunded to the member.
- This company assumes that ConoHa Charge is being used by the membership holder when ConoHa Charge is being used.
- If a member has pre-charged less than the amount required, he/she must switch to another means of payment to the provisions of the company, purchase a new ConoHa Charge in an amount equal to the difference, or pre-charge the required amount by midnight on the day of the occurrence. It should be noted that even if the member changes over to another means of payment, if there is a balance left on ConaHa Charge, usage fees of this service will be deducted from ConoHa Charge until its balance becomes 0 yen.
- If a member does not purchase a new ConoHa Charge for an amount equal to the difference of the balance of the ConoHa Charge and pre-charge amount required, or if the member does not perform the procedure of switching to another means of payment to the provisions of the company, the company can take measures in addition to the provisions of Article 7 and suspend the service. In addition, if the member has not taken measures by the date the company specifies, it is assumed that membership cancellation can be enacted. This company does not assume any responsibility for any resulting damage to the member or a third party by taking these measures.
Article 5 (ConoHa Charge Balance Confirmation)
ConoHa Charge balances can be checked through the control panel.
Article 6 (Expiration Date)
- ConoHa Charge expires two years after the member stops using all services.
- In spite of the preceding paragraph, if a member unsubscribes or loses his/her membership for reasons attributable to the member, all unused balance on the member’s ConoHa Charge shall disappear. This company does not assume any responsibility for resulting damages caused to a member or a third party by the disappearance of the balance.
Article 7 (Usage Restrictions)
- It is assumed that this company, if any of the following is applicable, can stop and revoke the use of ConoHa Charge.
- (1) If a member violates the original terms or these terms
- (2) In addition to the above, this company may stop or revoke the use of ConoHa Charge for any reason deemed substantial
- This company has taken the measures set forth in the preceding paragraph and thus does not assume any responsibility for resulting damages caused to a member or a third party.
Article 8 (Prohibition of Transfers)
It is assumed that members will not transfer, loan, give, buy or sell, or take part in any other form of disposing of their ConoHa Charge to third parties (including other members).
Article 9 (Refunds)
- This company, as a general rule, will absolutely not provide refunds or cash, etc.
- In spite of the preceding paragraph, this company, where applicable in any of the following, may issue a refund of ConoHa Charge based on laws relating to payment settlement (Law No. 59 June 24 2009) or other relevant laws and regulations ( hereinafter referred to as “cash settlement methods, etc.”).
- (1) If a whole or part of ConoHa Charge’s issuing service is terminated (unless due to company split, transfer, or mergers wherein the business of taking over issuance has been made)
- (2) If we determine that the use of ConoHa Charge has become extremely difficult due to membership limitations
- (3) In addition to the preceding items, if the company determines that a refund is reasonable based on the settlement method, etc., there is a chance that ConoHa Charge may be refundable.
Article 10 (Invalidation)
If the relevant ConoHa Charge falls under any of the following it will be considered null and void.
- (1) ConoHa charge was obtained through unauthorized or improper means
- (2) A forged or altered ConoHa Charge
Article 11 (Cancellation and Suspension)
- It is assumed that this company, if applicable in any of the following, shall be able to suspend or cancel a purchase, issuance, or use of ConoHa Charge without having to give advanced notice to a member.
- (1) If there is a situation beyond reasonable control of the company that occurs or could possibly occur, such as natural disasters, epidemics, radioactive contamination, large-scale pollution, or others
- (2) If for any unavoidable reasons failure occurs due to construction, maintenance on telecommunications equipment, or others
- (3) If laws and regulations (including, but not limited to, fund transfer methods, etc.) have been enacted
- This company does not assume any responsibility for any resulting damage to members or third parties by measures taken in the preceding paragraphs.
Article 12 (Discontinuation)
The company assumes that we can discontinue all or parts of ConoHa Charge at our discretion.
- This agreement shall be in effect from June 26th, 2014.